5 Things You Can Do this Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Share the Domestic Violence Hotline number on social media. The national DV hotline is: 1-800-799-7233. Haven House’s 24/7 confidential crisis line is: 1-800-440-4633.
- Wear Purple on October 22, 2020, for #PurpleThursday. Purple Thursday is a nationally recognized day where everyone is encouraged to wear purple to show support for victims of domestic violence and to help spread awareness for the case. Get your coworkers, friends, and family to all wear purple and post the picture of it on social media using the hashtags #PurpleThrusday and #Purple4HavenHouse
- Don’t judge, just listen. Remind your friends and family that you are here to listen. Do not judge someone who tells you about their life with domestic violence. Be there for them when they tell you what they have been through and then refer them to a domestic violence agency near them. Haven House offers services to individuals in Cedar, Dixon, Dakota, Thruston, and Wayne counties. All services are free and confidential.
- Get Educated. It’s always important to understand the dynamics of domestic violence and have to empathize with someone who has experienced it. Look at our articles under our resource tab, or call our offices for more information.
- Support you local domestic violence agency. This could be anywhere from donating or simply sharing our social media information. Spreading the word is always helpful!
If you or anyone you know is experiencing domestic violence call our 24/7 confidential crisis line at 1-800-440-4633, for more information.
Some information from https://www.womenrising.org/blog/2019/9/30/5-things-you-can-do-this-domestic-violence-awareness-month[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]