Enhanced Services Advocate
Enhanced Services Advocate-South Sioux City, NE
PURPOSE: To provide victim services and culturally specific activities in coordination with the Dakota County Coordinated Community Response Team; responsible for providing advocacy, support and referrals to victims involved with the criminal justice system and direct emergency intervention when appropriate.
To develop and implement an effective outreach program to reach minority populations in Dakota County. Recruit, train, and coordinate direct service volunteers to assist with victim services for Spanish speaking clients.
LOCATION: South Sioux City (Dakota County)
Full-time (40 Hrs. /week)
Primarily business hours between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday
Some evening/weekend work required
Occasional overnight travel
Spanish speaking, reading, and writing (preferred)
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
Knowledgeable of issues related to domestic and sexual violence
Knowledgeable in the field of Criminal Justice
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Experience in public speaking
Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
Demonstrated ability to provide absolute confidentiality
Ability to remain calm and work sensitively with clients
Demonstrated commitment & dedication to goals of Haven House
Valid driver’s license required
• Provide enhanced advocacy services during office hours and after office hours by providing on-call support on a rotating schedule with Haven House staff (includes evenings, weekends, and holidays).
• Respond to referrals from law enforcement and when appropriate provide immediate crisis intervention at the scene (ONLY when safe to do so).
• Provide crisis intervention, including support, safety planning, information and referrals.
• Provide court advocacy to victims of domestic and sexual violence. This includes explaining court system, assisting to obtain protection orders, accompany clients to court hearings and offering appropriate options.
• Assist with coordination of and participate in CRT activities
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Provide crisis line support services on rotation with other agency staff (includes evenings, weekends, and holidays)
• Provide access to agency services based on needs assessment of individual client
• Provide supportive listening and agency referrals.
• Provide advocacy services for shelter residents
• Conduct safety planning, case management and complete all forms (provision of services, confidentiality, etc.) and service records on all client contacts as required