PURPOSE: To supervise all staff, programs when Executive Director is absent. To manage and assess
programs relative to the needs of survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and
stalking adjusting or supplementing programs as necessary to better meet the needs of survivors. To
provide effective outreach focused on reaching and serving victims of sexual assault and domestic
violence. To provide crisis intervention and advocacy support to victims of sexual assault and domestic
violence. Recruit, train, and coordinate direct service volunteers to assist with services for victims of
sexual assault and outreach activities.
LOCATION: South Sioux City Office
STATUS: Full-time (40 Hrs./wk.).
Primarily business hours between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday
Some evening/weekend work required
Occasional overnight travel
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
in a related field preferred
Experience in leadership and/or supervision
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
Knowledgeable of issues related to domestic and sexual violence
Demonstrated ability to provide absolute confidentiality
Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
Ability to remain calm and work sensitively with clients
Experience in public speaking
Demonstrated commitment & dedication to goals of Haven House
Valid drivers license, insurance, and vehicle
60% of time spent providing crisis intervention and advocacy support to victims of domestic
violence and sexual assault.
• Provide crisis line support services on rotation with other agency staff (includes evenings,
weekends, and holidays)
• Provide access to agency services based on needs assessment of individual client
• Provide supportive listening and agency referrals.
• Provide advocacy services for shelter residents
• Conduct safety planning, case management and complete all forms (provision of services,
confidentiality, etc.) and service records on all client contacts as required
• Conduct follow-up with all clients (ONLY when safe to do so).
• Recruit, train, and coordinate direct service volunteers to assist with victim services
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
10% of time conducting outreach programs focused on reaching victims of sexual assault.
• Provide training and assistance to all agency staff on the implementation of the outreach plan to
address gaps in service to victims of sexual assault
• Develop and distribute agency materials focused on victim services
• Coordinate direct service volunteers to assist with outreach and awareness activities
• Promote awareness of victim services via news releases, PSA’s, and the distribution of materials
to victim service agencies, churches, community organizations, and social media (Facebook).
• Schedule and coordinate the Outreach Assistant Advocate to assist with awareness activities.
20% of time spent on records management
• Prepare reports for the agency’s respective funding source
• Enter all client and statistical records in our data base as required.
• Complete case management and service records on all client contats
• Emphasis on clear, concise, and accurate records
• Meet the reporting deadlines as prescribed by agency and grant contracts
10% of time program management and supervision
• Manage SA/DV programs in the absence of Executive Director
• Supervise and train staff all office locations
• Assist the Executive Director with reviewing grant applications, providing clerical support and
ensuring staff timesheets correspond with daily activities.
• Identify gaps in service within systems (internal & external)
• Propose new ideas and methods for enhancing current programs and new program development.
• Keep current on new methods and information pertaining to domestic violence and sexual assault.
➢ Adhere to all agency policies and procedures
• Provide absolute confidentiality
• Support policies and procedures as prescribed
➢ Maintain a positive, professional working relationship with Haven House staff, volunteers,
Board of Directors, members of the criminal justice system and all other outside agency related
As assigned or requested by the Executive Director:
• Attend staff, board, and other meetings relevant to program services & development
• Attend trainings and conferences
• Assist with the enhancement/development, and implementation of programs
• Complete all other duties as requested or assigned
TO APPLY SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO DEBBIE GOETTSCH AT [email protected]