PURPOSE: Provide crisis intervention, advocacy, case management, information, referral services, and follow-up services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Coordinate and supervise direct service volunteers to assist with service needs of clients and assist with public awareness, education, and support groups. The SA/DV Advocate reports to and is under the direct supervision of the SA/DV Supervisor and Executive Director.
LOCATION: Hartington, NE
STATUS: Part-time (20 Hrs. /pay period)
Primarily business hours between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday
Some evening/weekend work required
Occasional overnight travel
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- Ability to provide absolute confidentiality
- Experience in leadership and/or supervision
- Knowledgeable of issues related to domestic, dating and sexual violence
- Knowledgeable in the field of Criminal Justice
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written & oral)
- Experience in public speaking
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Ability to remain calm and work sensitively with clients
- Demonstrated commitment & dedication to goals of Haven House
- Valid drivers license, insurance, and vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
75% of time is spent on providing crisis intervention & advocacy support to victims of domestic
and sexual violence
- Provide all advocacy services for clients
- Provide crisis line support services on a weekly rotation with other agency staff members (includes evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Provide supportive listening and agency referrals
- Provide access to agency services based on needs assessment of individual client
- Conduct safety planning, case management and complete required forms (provision of services, confidentiality, etc.) and service records on all client contacts as required
- Conduct follow-up with all clients (ONLY when safe to do so).
- Facilitate groups in Hartington if needed
- Plan and implement activities for group sessions
- Conduct intake and an assessment of individual members prior to first group session
- Keep current on new methods and information concerning group facilitation
10% of time is spent on networking with all victim service agencies
- Become knowledgeable and keep abreast of all area services available for clients
- Keep all service agencies informed of changes in or additions of our services
- Attend meetings as assigned by the Executive Director
- Provide awareness presentations on agency services and our direct service volunteer program.
- Assist with awareness and outreach activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
7% of time is spent on records management.
- Prepare reports for the agency’s respective funding source
- Enter all client and statistical records in our data base as required.
- Complete case management and service records on all client contacts
- Emphasis on clear, concise, and accurate records
- Meet the reporting deadlines as prescribed by agency and grant contracts
5% of time is spent receiving and soliciting donations.
- Prepare and keep current a current wish list
- Distribute wish list of client needs to area churches, community organizations, publish in agency newsletter, post on social media (Facebook) and contact donors on our Partners Program listing.
- Receive, sort, and dispense all material donations
- Ensure that all donors are properly recorded
- Acknowledge donors via mail in a timely manner
3% of time is spent on program planning and development.
- Assist the Executive Director with grant applications by formulating an annual operations plan for our Hartington Facility.
- Identify gaps in service within systems (internal & external)
- Propose new ideas and methods for enhancing current programs and new program development
- Keep current on new methods and information pertaining to domestic violence and sexual assault
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures
- Provide absolute confidentiality
- Support policies and procedures as prescribed
- Maintain a positive, professional working relationship with Haven House staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, members of the criminal justice system and all outside agency related contacts
As assigned or requested by the Executive Director:
- Attend staff, board, and other meetings relevant to program services & development
- Attend trainings and conferences
- Assist with the enhancement/development, and implementation of programs
- Complete all other duties as requested or assigned