Leaving a domestic violence situation can be often difficult and dangerous. However, you don’t deserve to be abused, and there is hope for a better life without abuse.
When leaving domestic violence, you may be tempted to pack up the whole house, but that is often not the case because you are often leaving as soon as the opportunity becomes available to.
So what are some items that you don’t have to worry about packing if you’re strapped on time and you’re heading to Haven House?
- Clothing – At Haven House we have access to all the clothing that you’ll need for both yourself and your children (if you have kids). There have often been times when individuals have only escaped with the clothes on their back. Haven House also has brand new underwear too.
- Toiletries – We have everything from toilet paper to diapers and toothpaste. You won’t have to go without in the area of hygiene.
- Kitchen items – Our confidential shelters offer a fully stocked kitchen including everything from food to pots and pans.
- Bedding – Our confidential shelters also offer comfortable beds and bedding for you and your children.
- Laundry items – Our confidential shelters also have their own laundry rooms and detergent, etc.
- Toys – If you have children, don’t worry about packing up all their toys. Our shelter locations have a variety of toys that you’re children will be able to play with.
One of our goals at Haven House is to help you on your way to a life without abuse, and we never want your safety to be in jeopardy, so we will do our utmost to make sure that you’re needs are met. If you can’t pack it, don’t worry about it, get to safety first.
If you are thinking of leaving a domestic violence situation, you can reach our team on our 24 Hour Crisis Line at 1-800-440-4633.
Not planning on coming to Haven House? Check out this article on 6 items to pack up: http://havenhousefsc.com/6-things-to-take-with-you-when-escaping-domestic-violence/