10 Signs to Get OUT of that Dating Relationship!
1 in 3 young people (teenagers) will be in an abusive or unhealthy relationship. This means that either you or someone you know is either currently involved in an abusive relationship or has been. In dating relationships it is often thought that the behavior of the abusive partner will improve, but dating violence only increases as the relationship lengthens.
So what are some signs that you should get out of the relationship before it gets worse?
10. Your boyfriend/girlfriend is often checking cell phones, emails or social networks without your permission.
9. Exhibits extreme jealousy or insecurity.
8. Constantly belittles you and puts you down (verbal abuse).
7. Has an explosive temper (not only towards you but could directed at others).
6. Isolates you from family and friends.
5. Has erractic mood swings.
4. Physically inflicts pain or hurts you in any way.
3. Is constantly calling, texting or contacting you in a harassing manner.
2. Repeatedly pressuring you to have sex or commit sexual acts.
1. Makes false accusations.
If you notice 1 or many of these signs in your relationship it may be time to leave that relationship. There’s no excuse for abuse and you don’t deserve to be abused.
You can speak with one of our team members today by calling our 24 Hour Crisis Line at 1-800-440-4633 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone who is experiencing dating violence you can also visit with one of our team members to find out what you can do to help your friend.